- Projects iOS Mobile App Live Activity Timers & Weather Integration
- Useful new enhancements adding timer and weather information right into the Projects app.
- Projects Andriod Mobile App File Upload Size Increased
- You can now upload a total of 128 MB at a time.
- Top Requested Enhancements Added To Bigin
- Add an unsubscribe link to your emails, include a Zoho Form link in emails, and make the migration from Insightly.
- Zoho SalesIQ WordPress Plugin Security Update
- The Hide Chat Widget configuration has been removed due to new security regulations.
- Zoho CRM’s V4 API’s Release
- New APIs and some enhancements to the existing ones
- Zoho Analytics New Features Rolled Out
- New features to Analytics include integration with FreshDesk data, ask Zia, enhanced geo-visualization, and more.
- Zoho Bookings Scheduling Enhancement
- You can now configure sender’s email addresses
- Send For Signature Enhancement in Zoho Sign
- A better signing experience for everyone with an update to send for signature.
- Zoho CRM Blueprint Enhancements
- Creator and Desk already got it, excited for CRM to now have this super useful update to blueprints.
- Zoho Writer’s French Writing Assistant
- Zia can now speak French, oui oui!
Summary of Zoho’s 2022
Zoho has continued to grow year over year adding approximately 2000 new employees in 2022. Zoho launched two new products and two new bundles. With now over 80 million Zoho users, we can’t wait to see what changes 2023 will bring. But first, here’s a month-by-month review of all the major stories that we discussed in the world of Zoho on the CRM Zen Show in 2022.
- Zoho Writer Introduces Fillable Forms
- Zoho’s Office Integrator added the ability to build, embed, publish and repurpose fillable forms. .
- Zoho Launches A School for Graduate Studies
- A new program for young college grads that want to start a career with Zoho.
- Zoho CRM Scoring Rules Enhancements
- The ability to add scoring to Custom Modules was added.
- Zoho Subscriptions Adds Payment Links for Ad Hoc Payments
- This was a much-needed feature and a great way to kick off the year.
- New Zoho Bundle – Zillum
- Probably the most interesting bundle we have seen yet, but if you are looking for the Zoho family edition, here it is.
- Sridhar Vembu Gets A New Whip
- And it came with flowers.
- Zoho Sees an Influx in Migrations
- Google ends their free version of Workplace, Zoho reaps the benefits.
- Zoho Desk Guided Conversions Card Feature
- Really cool addition to Desk helps you build self-service experience for customers.
- Zoho Writer Adds New Features To Help With Document Merge
- Post merge workflows, automatically fill out your PDF, and share merged documents with links or QR codes.
- Introducing Built-In Telephony in Zoho CRM
- Using Twilio, but not your Twilio… And what about Zoho Voice?
- Zoho WorkDrive 3.0 Released
- And if you want a breakdown of the year, here is a nice summary of the new features.
- WorkDrive API Documentation
- You no longer have to find the hidden sub-forum thread.
- Zoho Creator 6.0 Officially Released
- Here is a video from Zoho on the product release.
- Also, we released a whole series of Creator tutorials.
- Zoho Schools – Fast Track To Success
- Zoho CRM Adds Admin Tools
- Which included a new interface for configuration management and more bulk options.
- Zoho Desk Combines Reports & Dashboards Modules Into “Analytics” Module
- You want to know what really grinds Tyler’s gears? This naming convention.
- PSA Chase & Zoho Books
- Chase decided to stop bank feeds to Zoho Book until their software is updated which Zoho uses Yodlee. If you use Chase you will need to manually insert your feeds. All we know is that they are actively working on fixing it.
- And are still working on fixing it….
- Zoho Mail Gets a Stylish UI Revamp
- Overall great UI improvements and for all you dark mode users out there it is now built into Mail.
- Zoho Cliq Adds Scheduled Messages
- Tested, works, and is great for all of us that work odd hours or in different time zones.
- Zoho Opens New Office in South Texas
- Zoho living by what they preach “transnational localism”.
- Zoho Campaigns Sync Round 2
- This launched at the end of last year but was pulled shortly after. You should now be able to turn it on under Sync Services.
- Zoho Officially Launches Marketing Plus Bundle
- This bundle has been available since last year but is now “officially” launched with a very entertaining ad video worth the watch.
- Update to Sorting Order of Picklist Values
- A great and useful new feature that now allows you to set a default sorting view for a custom view or report.
- Zoholics is back!
- And it happened everywhere except the US.
- But in case you haven’t heard yet, we are getting Zoholics back in 2023.
- Zoho CRM Revamps Forecasting
- For those not using Analytics to build out custom forecasting reports, this was a very solid update, improving projections reporting inside the CRM.
- Zoho Meeting Introduces Whiteboards & Polls
- This update like others this year for Meeting, caught Zoho Meeting up with the features of its competition, however, still missing that recording quality.
- Zoho Notebook Turns 6, and still no CRM Integration
- Happy Birthday, Notebook! Maybe, it is finally old enough now for a Zoho CRM integration.
- Zoho Analytics Updates & Enhancements
- A TON of new enhancements were added to Analytics, including Analytics is now HIPAA Compliant.
- Zoho CRM Adds Condition-Based Data Sharing Rules
- This is a huge value add, so many cases in which someone couldn’t see what they were supposed to see or vice versa.
- Zoho Connect Introduces Ultimate Edition
- Between Learn and Cliq, we don’t use Connect much anymore, but it is an excellent app. This new edition added some awesome features making it easier to customize dashboards and increase productivity with automation.
- Zoho Writer Introduces Print-Friendly Layouts
- Gutter Margin enhancements and a new layout designer were both great additions to Writer.
- Zoho Social Adds Hashtag Groups & Carousel Posting For IG
- We found both of these updates extremely useful.
- Zoho CRM Adds User Field Subform Support
- Nice addition, anything you can do in a Record you should be able to do in a Subform.
- Celebrating 10 Years of Campaigns
- This product has come a long way in the past decade and it had a big year.
- And with that big year, we put out a ton of content on Campaigns and a checklist to help you get started.
- Campaigns Finally Adds Live Editing Of Workflows
- This was a pain point for many in Campaigns and a great addition to the product.
- Custom CSS for SalesIQ
- This is awesome, essentially giving you full control of the entire look and feel of your widgets for SalesIQ.
- Zoho Social adds TikTok, IG Reels/Stories, and YouTube Shorts
- Expand your reach with short-form video content now easy to distribute with Social.
- Zia Becomes Self Aware
- Zia can now scan your emails for an emotional analysis and gauge what your customers think of you.
- Zoho CRM Portal Enhancements
- A lot of portal functionality that was seen in other apps is essentially now available for the CRM portal, including advanced email options.
- “Reasons For Loss” Changed To A Picklist
- Most users already made the switch to the picklist field but now it will be automatically changed instead of a note field.
- Zoho Campaigns Topic Management Deadline Extended
- Zoho extended this until January 18th of next year for those who didn’t make the deadline last week.
- If you haven’t set up Topics yet, here is a video on how to and another on settings for Topics.
- New Find & Replace Options In Writer
- Some really cool new features to the existing Find & Replace tool inside Zoho Writer.
- Zoho May Hire 1,000 Over Next Year, Crosses $1-Billion Revenue Milestone
- This was and still is a pretty big deal, especially as other big tech companies are making cuts, Zoho is expanding. A lot of this will be additional support, and a good chunk of these new jobs will be in the US.
- Introducing Zoho Books In Mexico
- Tailored for businesses operating in Mexico, great to see them constantly expanding these services globally.
- Say Hello To Cliq’s PiP Mode
- PiP has been around for a while and is now on Cliq.
- Zoho Launches a New Web Browser
- Security-focused browser, similar to Google Chrome and Brave. It’s in the early days and might be a little bit buggy to start but definitely something to take a look at. We have high hopes for it.
- Introducing Multi-Org For Zoho Recruit
- You’ve been able to do this in Books for quite some time now, but a super useful feature, and great to see them add it to Recruit.
- Zoho Books Adds Plaid Integration
- Automatic bank feeds were a big pain point this year, but this integration is excellent to pull in those bank feeds.
- Announcing Zoho’s All-In-One Virtual Event Platform: Zoho Webinar
- The new Zoho Webinar app is split from Zoho Meeting and is now included in Zoho One!
- The All New Zoho Desk 2023
- Some great new features and minor UI enhancements to kick off the new year with Desk.
- Notebook For ChatGPT
- Hey ChatGPT, how can we connect Notebook to Zoho CRM?
2022 Wishlist Results
2 Wishes Granted
- Books-Inventory – Enable edits to inventory tracking settings after transactions are recorded for the item
- Via getting in touch with Support
- Zoho Voice Power Dialer
3 Wishes Getting Closer
- Integrated Tasking Engine
- Filtered lookup fields in the CRM
- Filtered manually by the user
- We’d still love to set the filter on the back-end
- Unified time tracking across all applications
- Yes via People (Desk + Projects Syncs)
- Solvable via Zoho Analytics
12 Wishes Denied
- Bookings – Fix Calendar Sync (Real Time), and Invite issues.
- Meetings (Recording Engine, Better Calendering)
- Zoho Payroll – Please just acquire a real payroll company
- CRM Subforms – Workflow trigger on new subform line
- Lower Zoho Voice Pricing
- Increase API per minute limits in Core Apps, and daily limits in Finance Suite
- Release a polished version of Marketing Automation and combine campaigns and Marketing Automation into a single product
- Increase file size limits in Deluge (5MB is not nearly enough)
- Increase row limit runtime max in Deluge
- Add a SELF SERVICE buy it now for APIs
- Build more data centers
- Please Integrate Zoho Notebook with Zoho CRM
- Add more Data Centers or source bandwidth for AWS, Azure or Google
- Rich Text in CRM Note Fields
- Integrate Zoho Notebook with CRM
- Bring Zoho Voice into price-parity with RingCentral
- Currently more expensive, and you have to pay per minute
- Finalize roll-out of Zoho Field Service Management, and flesh out functionality
- Focus on the core functionality of core apps (CRM, Desk, Projects, Books, Analytics), limit development on the “shiny” objects