Legion Capital is a boutique private equity firm focused on specialized lending to real estate developers, business owners, and entrepreneurs. They provide bridge funding, acquisition, development, and growth capital to companies and projects in targeted industries. Legion also takes equity ownership in select companies and projects. Legion Capital’s headquarters are in Orlando, Florida.
Legion Capital had just been approved by the SEC to raise $40mm via 1,2, & 3-year bonds and Preferred Stock.
Legion Capital has a team of regional directors managing the fundraising efforts in another state. We needed a way to meticulously track incoming investments associated with the SEC qualified to raise and provide the regional directors a way to manage their individual lists of Broker-Dealers/ Advisors.
We had been paying for access to the Zoho One suite for several months prior to engaging Zenatta. At that point – our Zoho CRM was primarily used to import lists of Shareholders/ Investors so that company updates could be emailed to them via the CRM however we were not utilizing the CRM for any core business operations.
Creating a fully tailored CRM with integrated blueprints, calculators, and automated notifications, Zenatta was able to accomplish everything as follows:
First is the build-out of the basic modules.
- Legion Capital has a unique hierarchy of records that does not fit with the standard Contact/Account hierarchy Zoho is based on. Zenatta was able to find a clever alternative using the native Contacts and Accounts module paired with multiple custom modules to give us the full hierarchy needed.
Next, set up blueprints to guide the Investment onboarding process.
- Depending on the Investment Type, certain action items are required and different data is needed. Zenatta was able to create intricate blueprints and layout rules that guide the user through the entire process.
- Set up Automated email notifications to be sent to the client.
- Many of these notifications are intricate mail merge documents that contain full payment schedules and other important information regarding the investments.
After the backbone of the business setup, we were able to dive into some fun business automation.
- An important aspect of Legion Capital’s business is generating payment schedules. Previously these were done using Excel and individual payments records that would need to be created manually for each investment. Zenatta was able to take our investment calculations and fully automated the payment scheduler all while providing the best data structure to be used for reporting.
After months of development, the Zenatta team successfully built a well-tailored CRM to fully suit our business needs. Data is captured and associated where/when it should be, emails are automated and are sent based on workflow rules, reporting is cleaner than ever, and we are still able to utilize our CRM to maintain contact with our existing shareholder/investor base.
We have had the pleasure of working with the developers since we started this relationship with Zenatta. Every time I get on the phone with the Zenatta team I am impressed not only by their vast knowledge of the CRM application – but how much they have learned about OUR company and what we use the CRM to accomplish.
Through working with the Zenatta team – I have become a better teammate and asset to my employers. After so much 1v1 time building out the CRM, he has helped me speak his language, and I have shown him how to speak mine.
Whenever management needs a new feature to be worked into the CRM or tweaked, I am able to try my own hand at fixing the issue or creating the new feature, prior to tagging in the pros at Zenatta – all while having the peace of mind that if I can’t figure out, someone at Zenatta will be able to.