- 0:33 Agenda
- 1:17 What Is Zoho Desk, And Why Do You Need It?
- 2:46 Product Overview
- 6:54 Departments
- 11:47 Ticket Management
- 26:01 Knowledge Base
- 33:01 Workflows
- 41:37 Integrations
- 43:45 Zoho Marketplace
- 46:30 Q&A
What Is Zoho Desk, And Why Do You Need It?
Zoho Desk is Zoho’s customer service tool. Let’s say you have a product or service, and a customer needs to reach support, this is the type of tool that bridges those gaps. Whether they are contacting you through email, phone, or even social media this help desk tool helps funnel all support related items into one solution.
Here is a snapshot of a few key items on “What is Zoho Desk“:
- Zoho Desk is a Customer Service Tool designed to help you manage support and engagement for your existing customers
- It can be used to manage inbound customer requests from multiple different channels: email, SMS, & phone
- It also provides the framework to create and publish a Knowledge Base to encourage self-service support
- Zoho Desk can help you to automate and streamline your customer experience
Key Elements of Zoho Desk
For a more in-depth look into each of these elements please refer to the video tutorial above. Here is a brief explanation of some of the core features of Zoho Desk.
When a customer contacts you through one of your communication channels their support request is turned into a ticket. Tickets usually represent support requests, questions, problems, or sometimes just letting you know you are doing an awesome job.
Each ticket has 4 main attributes:
- Category/Department – What type of support group does this fall under?
- Priority – How urgent is the support request?
- Status – Is it complete? Pending? Need additional information? Etc.
- Content – What is the request the client submitted?
Tickets are essentially the front line between your agents and the customer.
This category is pretty self explanatory. Depending on your organization you might have multiple departments that assist with different issues. For example let’s say you have a custom pool construction and management company. You might have your support team split into 2 departments. One handling all the tickets that relate to the construction the pool and another department that handles post construction needs such as chemicals, pump repairs, etc. And each of these could probably be split into a few departments.
Departments help insure that the right agents are there to best assist the customer. Agents can be assigned to more than one department as well.
A properly built Knowledge Base (KB) can drastically help cut down on labor within your organization, while boosting customer satisfaction. This is where various articles would be written to assist customers.
Often times many questions an organization receives on a daily basis are the same. And many times these questions are pretty basic that if the customer just had the right resource they wouldn’t need any further help. By building out your KB with useful articles that allow customers to get the answers they need, helps cut down on overall incoming tickets.
Within each knowledge base you can create sections and sub sections to nest articles. This will help narrow down exactly what a customer is looking for and commonly asked questions can be broken down more granularly.
Most of the power behind Zoho Desk is automation, which is created via Workflows. If you are familiar with Workflows in Zoho CRM, it is similar in Desk. Here is a quick look on what this general process looks like.
- First you pick the module you want to create the Workflow for ie Tickets and assign a rule name.
- Next pick the Trigger, which Zoho Desk has a very robust list to choose from.
- After that you would set the Criteria required once a workflow is Triggered.
- Finally, once a criteria is hit you can set the action you want to take place.
Integrations & The Zoho Marketplace
Zoho Desk integrates with most of the core Zoho applications, but one thing to note is the marketplace. Zoho Desk has one of the largest libraries for 3rd party extensions if not the largest. So if you ever find yourself in a situation where you think man I wish there was a way to do this. Often times there is an extension that will do just that.
Ready to get started?
Be sure to check out our other resources on Zoho Desk because this overview is just the tip of the iceberg. Of course, if you find yourself needing professional Zoho help, Zenatta is here for you. Drop us a line and we would be happy to see how we can implement and improve your business processes with Zoho Desk.