- New Zoho Meeting Updates
- It is getting closer and closer to Zoom quality.
- What’s New In Zoho Books
- Reverse charges to global edition is the big winner in this batch of updates.
- What’s New On Zoho Marketplace
- A couple we found worth checking out were Zoom phone for Zoho CRM and Zoho Books Vendor Bills Related Lists.
- October Community Digest
- And just in case you missed anything in the world of Zoho CRM, here is this month’s community digest.
- Zoho May Hire 1,000 Over Next Year, Crosses $1-Billion Revenue Milestone
- This is a pretty big deal, especially as other big tech companies are making cuts, and Zoho is expanding. A lot of this will be additional support, and a good chunk of these new jobs will be in the US.
- Zoho Mail iOS App Gets New Languages
- More Indian languages supported this week as well.
- Instant Messaging Now Supported in Zoho Desk iOS App
- Seeing how most of the world uses other means of SMS, such as WhatsApp, nice to see Zoho roll this out for Desk.
- Updates to Exchange ActiveSync 14.1 and Zoho Mail
- Some minor enhancements to Zoho Mail with the latest upgrade of ActiveSync from 14.0 to 14.1.
- Zoho Forms Introduces OTP Verification
- Essentially a way to verify that someone actually has a real email or phone number when filling out the form.
- Scheduled Data Center Maintenance (All India)
Implementation of the Week
- Books/Analytics – Automated Books Customer Balance Notifications with Analytics Audit Logging
- In this implementation, our goal was to develop a method for our client to more easily notify and manage Customer Accounts with open receivable balances
- We first built an automated scheduler within Zoho Books that sends out Customer Account Balance statements on a regular basis
- This sends an email with a rollup of receivables as dynamic HTML, along with a PDF attachment including payment links for each open invoice
- To provide reporting on this function’s performance, we log all emails sent into an Audit Log table within ZAnalytics
- Using this data, we can provide roll-up reporting to our client to see all Customer Open Balances, as well as the last time they were notified about required payments
Code Share of the Week
- Extracting First Instance of Regex from Text
- In this example, we will extract the first matching instance of our specified RegEx pattern from our sample text.
- Identify RegEx Pattern and Construct Extracting Variable
- Identify your RegEx pattern and assign it to a variable. In this example, we will use a Zip Code RegEx pattern. This RegEx pattern will be placed in a capture group within an extracting RegEx pattern. The “.replaceAll” formula will be used to perform the extracting action.
This Week’s Read
- The Top Traffic, Conversion & Lead Trends in Q3
- It’s always awesome seeing HubSpot share its overall data to analyze current market patterns. And it appears the recession might be upon us, however, some sectors still seem to be showing growth.
New On Zenatta
- Zenatta Blogs
- What Is CRM?
- It is a clickbait week! Just a general article on What is CRM for those that may be interested in learning more about CRMs.
- What Is CRM?
Application / Plug-In of the Week
- VideoAsk (by Typeform)
- Drew from our team found this pick. A very slick tool to make video forms to create a more personalized engagement and experience for visitors.
Tips and Tricks
- 5 Key Things To Know for Integrating Zoho CRM and Zoho Books
- Before you jump straight into integrating Zoho CRM with Zoho Books, there are a few things you will want to know and do first. This video covers all those key things in 5 quick segments!