- Customize your WorkDrive Layout Preferences
- You can now choose a theme (3 so far), customize your view and sorting options, and set a preferred default landing page.
- The Zoho People September Newsletter Is Out
- A nice round-up of all of the Zoho People News and Upcoming webinars
- New CRM Image API Codes
- Zoho CRM offers an option to upload images for a record. When a user uploads images, Zoho checks if the record meets the configuration criteria and validates them.
- RECORD_LOCKED and NOT_APPROVED
Notable Mobile Updates
- Zoho Fully Embraces Apples iOS 14
- Widgets and Security Enhancements to a bunch of apps.
- Major iOS and iPadOS updates for Bigin, Notebook, and Desk.
- I would imagine that core apps like CRM will also get the iOS 14 treatment.
Implementation of the Week
- CRM Blueprints for simple call scripting on Customer Intake
- CRM Blueprints can be used to create structured processes as a user moves a record through multiple stages
- On each stage transition, fields can be required, tasks can be created, and custom functions can be run
- You can also include notes/directions at each stage to guide the user
- In this case, we set up a simple blueprint to require sets of fields at each step of the intake process – Contact Information Collection, Address Verification, Transaction Information
Things We Noticed
- Zoho Mail can now be used as an IMAP email client
This Weeks Reads
- How to Get Started With Account-Based Marketing in 8 Steps – For CustomerThink, by Derek Edmond @DerekEdmond
- Account-based marketing is a focused approach to B2B marketing in which marketing and sales teams work together to target best-fit accounts and turn them into customers.
- This is a nice guide to getting started.
- From CRM to ERP to productivity vendor? How Zoho Workplace fits into their future of work – and their stance against work surveillance
- Zoho The Disruptor: “Workplace finds Zoho in unintentional disruptor mode again, pursuing a different approach to collaboration than the so-called giants – including a more compelling take on data privacy. The pricing is also Zoho-style – $3 per user per month for the entry-level Standard version, though you can also get access to Workplace via a broader Zoho One subscription.”
- Zoho Workplace – David has swung his sling – For CustomerThink, by Thomas Wieberneit @twieberneit
- Interesting Stat from the Article: “The by far biggest players in this market are Microsoft and Google, with according to Statista, Google commanding nearly 57 percent of the office suite market and Microsoft 42.6 percent as per April 2020. This leaves 0.4 percent for all the other players. While these numbers may be correct or not. For instance, I have access to and use G Suite, MS Office, Zoho and Apple productivity tools and do not expect that I am alone with this. Still, these numbers clearly show how entrenched the leaders are.”
New on Zenatta.com
- New Resource Guides
Application / Plug-In of the Week
- According to Capterra: Mangools is a package of easy to use SEO tools that cover everything from keyword research, rank tracking, backlink analysis to SEO analysis of competitors. It’s great for bloggers, affiliate marketers, marketing agencies, SEO professionals, and beginners.
- According to Moogools: Juicy SEO tools you will love
- According to Zenatta’s Director of Marketing: This is a great application! It makes SEO easy!
- Starting at $49 a month. This SEO tool does it all.
Tips and Tricks
- Zoho CRM Social Settings
- This video will show you how to quickly set up automatic lead or contact generation in Zoho CRM every time a person on Mentions, Messages, Replies, or Retweets you on Twitter.
- It will also work with Facebook every time someone Posts, Comments, Likes, or Messages